Even though it is May, the weather here is COLD! Garn and I are gearing up to move Marin and JR to Seattle the end of the month. JR, bless his heart, has been busy graduating from BYU and installing a new laptop computer for me, (which I absolutely love) and also installing a new computer system for Garn. Now both of us have moved into the 21st century. My early morning Espanol is over and I only have a week left of tutoring ESL at Riverview JR High. The only job left is umpiring Tue. and Thurs. til about the middle of June. Then my income dries up til Fall but my freedom increases! Hopefully I have saved enough to let me have the fun I want. I'm still playing racquetball most days and I took 2nd in the State Singles tournament in the womens B division. Garn is still swimming twice a week at the Park Center and is planning on competing in some tri-athelons this summer. I'm still RS secretary and Garn and I are still a shepherding couple for the Young Single Adults in the ward. We try to watch Misty's boys play baseball in Herriman when we can. On any given evening one or more of her 4 boys are playing. She works in the snack shack from 10:30 to 2:30 on Sat. mornings to offset their fees. Mcky also works there and does a great job. Everyone else is in the midst of trying to get through their days as best they can. With tornados in McKinney, Texas and everything new and different Mandy and fam are adjusting and Jon is recovering from an appendectomy. We'll see what Seattle brings to our youngest kids, who will be celebrating their 2 yr. wedding anniversary this Sun. (which happens to be my RS lesson). Happy birthday to Ali this month on Sun the 25th. Love you all, Pat Mom and Gr.Ma
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! I love your blog. Keep up the good work.
I am excited for you guys to go to Seattle. I hope everything goes smoothly. Your blog is great. Tell everyone HI! We love and miss you.
Post a Comment