When we arrived home on Sat. Aug. 8 to Mandy's house in McKinney this was how my room was fixed up! Pink is my favorite color so Mandy did it up well! The gift container had wonderful shampoo and conditioner and pink soap. (There was more pink liquid soap in my bathroom) Also there was a tissue packet and my favorite floss picks. (I only buy a certain silk kind) It was a wonderful welcome.
I spent a week in McKinney and the next day on Sun I went to Primary where Mandy was doing the sharing times on Temples. She's really clever and for the senior Primary she had a concentration game with a picture revealed underneath when the matches were made. It was really fun and interesting and the kids and teachers loved it! That night Mandy and Jon had a BBQ to welcome Haylie home and three families came with lots of food and 3 desserts (2 of which were chocolate). We played games and all 12 of the kids were involved in a pinata that Haylie had made in Utah while with Jon's family camping. She had it stuffed with lots of candy.
Mon. Mandy and I went to her exercise class held at the church. It was just what I needed. Tue. Mandy and Sadie went to Sadie's middle school orientation where she got her schedule and locker. That night we went to Enrichment and it was wonderful! They had a potluck dinner with lots of great food. (I thought Mandy's taco soup was the best) Then we had 3 classes :one on nutrition and fitness, taught by the exercise teacher that we went to on Mon. morn. and a scripture reading talk that was short but very effective and then a lady that has a website on cleaning your house in 30 sec. and 15 min. intervals which was also excellent. Mandy introduced me to a lady from South Africa that's investigating the church. A lovely lady who Mandy's friendshipped. Wed. back to exercise class but this time the instructor held it outside in 100 degree weather with 85% humidity. I thought I was going to die! Some ladies left earlier but Mandy and I stuck it out. I couldn't do all the running and sprinting but Mandy kept right up with the instructor. That evening we travelled south about an hour and 15 min to a man made harbor called Rock Wall Harbor which was absolutely beautiful with a lighthouse and sailboats and catamaran cruises and cute little shops. They had a splash park that came on every 1/2 hr and stayed on for 12 min. which the kids loved! Mandy's friend Kiersten and her 4 kids met us there and they all played until dark. We didn't get home til 11pm but it was worth it! They even had a Rocky Mtn Choc Factory there where I got a caramel apple and the lady that sold it to me was from Layton! The kids got ice cream at Cold Stone before heading home. I forgot my camera but Mandy said she'd send me copies of her pics. Thur. it was back to exercise class and it was no wonder that a lot fewer women showed! But the class was Pilates and I totally enjoyed it, even though my abs let me know I've neglected them all summer!
Fri morning I bade Mandy and the kids farewell and headed for home after 2 weeks visiting Seattle and McKinney. It was sad to leave but good to get home. Garn said it was really lonely while I was gone and I missed him too. Now one week to get ready for my tutoring job at Riverview JR. High which I really love! This year I hope to work my 19 hrs. in 4 days and have Fri off like Garn.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
AGTER 3 WEEKS HAYLIE AND I ARRIVE IN McKINNEY, TEXAS
Posted by Pat at 3:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment