Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lesson Learned!

I already had orthotics in my r-ball shoes so thought I'd add gel insoles right before my tournament match, (without trying out the new inserts after I put them in). In the first game my foot rolled over a bit but it didn't hurt. In the 2nd game I rolled it again and knew it was bad when my right ankle hit the floor. That put me out of the match. Too much height caused an imbalance in my shoe so now I'm paying for it. Right after it happened it looked like my right ankle had a r-ball sticking out of it! Now the swelling is spread out all over the foot. Had to cancel all my r-ball games for this week and that's what really hurts! The lesson: Don't try changing things before a tournament game! ( At least play some practice games beforehand with the new changes). I'll see how umpiring goes tonight with a brace on it. School seems extra long now walking the halls ! Ah well, I've never been accused of thinking things through! Lesson (painfully) learned!

2 comments:

Jon said...

Seen a doctor yet, or are you chooseing the "Pat" method? Take care of yourself missy. I am sure you don't want us pushing you around Park City in a wheelchair. :)
Love and miss you,
Me!
Just realized that I am signed in as Jon, but it just me! (sorry about that)

Pat said...

I've had enough injuries to know it isn't broken so, yeah, I'm doing the Pat method. Ha! And don't worry about Park City, I'll be running circles around all of you! ( You know how I love to shop!) Can't wait to see you again! Love ya, Mom