Monday, September 22, 2008

Our day in court

So last June 3rd as Garn and I were waiting at the light after getting gas at Costco and heading onto State Street a truck hit a van in the intersection right in front of us. Both vehicles almost hit us after the collision. It's 4 months ago so we forgot about it. Last month we get a supoena to appear as witnesses because the guy that got the ticket is contesting it. We get to the court about 1 pm for the 1:30 time. After waiting for a 1/2 hr. they begin with some other cases and then finally get to ours. Garn and I had to testify on the witness stand! It was cool but then it dragged down with the prosocuting attorney cross-examining over and over. Seems she didn't understand the traffic light patterns. She'd never make it on Law and Order! We got compensated for our two hours, a whole $18 each! We each had a headache when we got through and it was a simple red light citation! :( That's our court system in action!
By the way, Marin, Marcus was wondering why you and JR weren't at the corn maze with us!

4 comments:

Marin said...

That makes me feel good that the kids still know we exist!

Mandy said...

It is never as cool as it is on T.V., but what a fun and different experience. I don't know that the 18 dollars was worth it but hey it should cover the gas that you used to get there!lol.
Do the kids remember that we exist? Should I be worried?

Pat said...

Mandy, don't worry! They realize that you were here and then left when they started school. Since Marin wasn't in school at the same time as them they don't really know where she went! By the way, start looking for Christmas gifts that the kids want so I can get them when we're there. If they know what they already want then we won't have to spend all our time shopping and do more playing! Mom :)

Mandy said...

I was just kidding about being forgotten. Can't wait till you are here!