Saturday, March 28, 2009

Reffing was fun!

I got to reff with my long-time friend, Jolee. She used to be in the 16th ward when it was still part of our Stake and I reffed HER when she was a young woman. We talked about all the great years of Girl's Camp when her mom, Jeanette Coon, and Eula Kemp were Stake Camp Leaders. When I moved in the 13th ward over 30 years ago I started reffing and going to girl's camp as a leader and then continued while all three of my girls went through the 6 yrs of young womens. I went to camp for over 20 yrs either as a stake or ward leader. Those were wonderful, never to be forgotten times. Now, over the years, my own daughters have gone as leaders.
Anyway, yesterday our stake girls were still winning when I left. I reffed their 4pm and 6pm games and they were to play at 8pm for the championship game. Hope they won! They only had 5 girls cuz it's Spring Break and a lot of girls were out of town. Can't believe Murray is having their Break weeks before anyone else! What's the rationale for that??

0 comments: