I was able to pull out first place in my Racquetball Tournament this week-end. Thurs. night wasn't too hard. I took it in 2 games: 15-0, 15-3. Fri night nearly killed me. I played a BYU college girl and her r-ball coach came up with her. Most matches are about 1/2 hr long. This one was 1 1/2 hrs! I took the first game 15-13, she took the 2nd 15-12, I took the tie breaker 11-8. I was so tired and sore. This morning I woke up stiff and sore so I was worried how I would do. The gal I played trains with Kiersten Walsh, a national champion ranked 5 in the nation. Her handshake about broke my fingers! I was really fortunate that I was able to take the match in two games: 15-3, 15-5. I got a $25 gift certificate and a long sleeve t-shirt and all the food you can eat (although I was having gall bladder problems so I didn't eat there Thurs or Fri) I only paid $25 entry fee so I came out ahead! ( Thanks to a whole lot of prayer)
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
$25 bucks for all that stress on your body? You should have gotten more. Man, I'm wishing I could have a workout like racquetball right about now.
Yeah, and I'm pretty sure junior would come a little sooner than he or you would like! I can hardly wait for May to get here! Love ya, Mom
I agree with Marin that you deserve "mo" money but I think bragging rights trump the money. You are still killing everyone. I wish I could be there to see the looks on the ladies faces as I am sure the walk our bewildered when you beat them game after game. I'm proud of you Mom. I hope they gave you the respect you deserve. I think you are amazing. WAY TO GO!!
all I can say is.. Pat you are an amazing inspiration!! Way to go!!
Post a Comment