I'm having a wonderful time with my new grandson Collin. I have tons of pictures but haven't downloaded them yet. He weighed 6' 11" and is 20" long. He had spontaneous pneumo-thorax, where air gets trapped between the lung and chest wall, so he couldn't inflate his right lung to get air when he was born so he spent the first 2 days in NICU. Marin hemmoraghed because of 4 lacerations inside but both are doing well and are home. It was scarey seeing Collin so blue but he is pink now and even rolls over! Both the OB and Pediatrician say it is rare and he can't be left unattended at any time. He holds his head up too! I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself! This is the first baby I've ever seen that is that strong from birth. You can't lay him on his stomach because he pulls up on his arms and knees and just rolls! He's a cutie! When I get home and download all my pictures then you'll see how cute. He looks like JR all the way. (Maybe he has Marin's athleticism and some of her dark hair but the hair will probably change!)
Seattle is warm and beautiful with all the trees and it feels like you're in the mountains at girl's camp. Every morning I read out on their big deck and just listen to the birds and look at all the pine trees. It's a tough life but someone's got to live it! I do what I can.....
Monday, June 1, 2009
BEAUTIFUL SEATTLE!
Posted by Pat at 9:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats on the new grandkid = ) Sounds like you're having tons of fun! I'm so glad. Tomorrow is the last day of school. Woo-hoo! And then I'm off to Disneyland and California for a week! I get travel anxiety, so I'm getting a bit anxious, but I'm sure it will be fun = )
Miss you!
Miss you too my friend! Have a great time, you deserve it!
Post a Comment