Thursday, April 2, 2009

APRIL 1ST WAS INTERESTING...

So Misty and I were supposed to meet at the temple to do initiatory work and then go to lunch. We've done it before and I just wait for her in the foyer of the temple but this day, thank goodness I decided to wait in the parking lot. That was really fortunate because she called me and said her purse was in her car and it was locked! (Keys were in the purse, of course, and Dan had lost the other set somehow!) Well, my purse with my cell phone was in my trunk when Misty called and, fortunately again, I actually heard it ringing! Just the day before Austin had called me when I was shopping and had the purse with me and I didn't even hear it! (That happens a lot) So, Misty called Dan and he arranged for a locksmith to come out. Well, he never showed so Dan called and complained and was hung up on! He called back and they said they had cancelled his order!! I'm still waiting in the parking lot of the temple while Misty calls me with updates. She has the neighbor take their kids to pre-school even though it was Misty's turn. Dan calls his insurance co. to find another locksmith and finds out it's covered under his policy. So it's fortunate that they didn't get the other guy and have to pay out of pocket. Well, after waiting an hour and a half I go to Mistys because she needs the car to pick up McKy from Jr High because he has piano lessons. Well, when he doesn't come out of the school she calls him and he says he'll be right out. He still doesn't come and almost all the kids are gone by now so she goes into the school and he's in the principal's office! When she comes out with him and another boy her face is red and no one is talking. Needless to say it's very tense in the car. She says, "Ok start talking!" He says he'll show her something as he rumages around in his backpack and comes up with a 2 day suspension notice from the principal for 4x sluffing classes! By now we're running late for piano as Misty reads the slip of paper and the other boy, who is quiet has one too. She is furious and says the standard, "WAIT TIL YOUR DAD GETS HOME!" Right before we drop McKy off to piano and the other boy gets out, Misty asks," Is this serious??" McKy and the other boy start laughing and say, "APRIL FOOLS!" I'd hate to see Misty's blood pressure at this point. When Dan got home from work, Misty showed him the paper and said, " I don't think McKy should go to his Court of Honor tonight. " McKy is in his room downstairs by now waiting for his dad. You should have seen Dan's face!
Kids....they cause us to age prematurely!!

3 comments:

Marin said...

Ok, now that is an awesome prank that McKy pulled. I'm sure it went over even better than expected because of all the other things that happened.

Mandy said...

That is great! It got me too! I would like to know how quickly Mcky spilled the beans when Dan came storming through the door!

Pat said...

Actually, McKy just stood there while Dan was ranting and didn't even respond when Dan grounded him. That's when Dan started suspecting something was going on...